Show of hands: who wants to be part of a writing community that offers a friendly network of fellow writers, insightful critique from peers, cash-prize contests, sorted lists of writing prompts, and helpful resources on how to improve your craft all in one place? Then you’re in luck, because today’s post is about an awesome website that offers all of that and more! Introducing Writer’s Carnival, your new one-stop shop for all your writing wants and needs! Let’s take a quick look together, shall we? (You can put your hand down now.)
What is Writer’s Carnival?
Writer’s Carnival is an online community where writers can post original stories/poetry and review each other’s work. It’s a place for them to connect and share in their love of all types of creative writing from poetry to novels, be it through forums, group discussions or status updates. The site functions on the honor system policy: members are expected to write at least three reviews for each piece they upload themselves. This system is what has kept the community thriving for over a year. But you don’t have to take my word for it: just read what the administrators have to say. Speaking of whom, the staff are constantly active and willing to help out, so why not make some new friends while you’re there?
What does Writer’s Carnival have to offer?
Aside from friendly critique and networking opportunities, Writer’s Carnival offers plenty of useful resources and social events that keep the community active. Here’s what you get access to with a free membership:
- Writing resources, including prose/poetry tips and links to other writing sites
- Writing prompts (updated monthly)
- Social events such as Power Hour, Bust Out Your Blog and Post-a-Palooza
- Weekly Wednesday Challenge for a chance at publication
- Social networking through group discussions, status updates and private messaging
You also have the option to upgrade your account for access to even more awesome features:
- Post writing for feedback from peers
- Enter monthly contests for cash prizes and publication
- Submit writing to Reader’s Carnival, an e-zine that showcases the work of Writer’s Carnival members
- Submit a publication to Member Success Stories and spread the word about your work
Why join Writer’s Carnival today?
I’ve been a member of Writer’s Carnival for over a year now, and my experience on the site so far has been great. The community is friendly and insightful; many of the reviews I’ve received have helped me improve my craft, and these in turn inspire me to write reviews that can help other writers develop their own creative skills. I’ve come to understand the true value of feedback and networking, as well as the importance of giving as much as, if not more than, you get. I’ve even found plenty of inspiration for new pieces through social events on the site. Overall, it’s a welcoming community that continues to be a part of my growth as a writer.
So become a member of Writer’s Carnival and join in the fun today! See you on the fairgrounds!