Yes, we’re already halfway through 2017! Amazing, isn’t it? Now that we’re in July, it’s once again time to assess our progress on our reading goals for the year. I’ll go first!
My 2017 Reading Goals
Like I did last year, I set a goal of ten books for the Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge, a reasonable goal for a relatively slow reader like me. So far, I’ve met half my goal for the year! I’ve also noticed a trend of more books from my to-read list in January actually reaching my have-read collection, as well as more nonfiction books making the list (thanks in no small part to my pursuit of a freelancing career).
I plan to write a more detailed report on my 2017 reading goals at the end of the year. In the meantime, here’s a brief review of the books I’ve read so far, am currently reading, and still plan to read:
Books I’ve read so far
- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- A Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin
- I Am Pusheen The Cat, by Claire Belton
- High Performance Paperback, by Ray Brehm and Jim Molinelli
- Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
Books I’m currently reading
- 1984, by George Orwell
- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
- You Are A Writer, by Jeff Goins
- The Business of Writing & Editing, by Sagan Morrow
Books I still plan to read
Your turn! Any reading goals you’re still working toward this year? Which ones have you completed so far?